TopCon: The Northeast Kansas Original, Cosplay, Game, Screen Exposition was an annual event that took place the 3rd weekend of September from 2014 to 2019. It was the Creation of International Award Winning Tattoo Artist, The GYPSY who saw the need for a true pop Culture Convention to take place in his beloved hometown of Topeka, Kansas. In cooperation with numerous community organizations in the renovation, revitalization and promotion of the Beautiful Capital City of Kansas, we were able to make TopCon a reality for countless fans. TopCon was our way of helping our community grow, improve and become an exciting place to work, live and play.
TopCon Pop Expo was a victim of the 2020 Pandemic and despite exhaustive efforts to bring it back in 2021 TopCon Pop Expo was put to rest on April 1, 2021.
THE DEDICATED TOPCON POP EXPO TEAM WAS MADE UP OF THESE HARD WORKING INDIVIDUALS
- TopCon Executive Director and Creator: The GYPSY 2014 – 2021
- TopCon Executive Co-Director amd Creators Coordinator: Raychel “Mad Hatter” Smith 2015 – 2021
- TopCon Executive Secretary: Madi Holmes 2017 – 2021
- TopCon Committee Chair: Charity Delay 2015 – 2021
- TopCon Committee Co-Chair: Kevin Harris 2015 – 2021
- TopCon Event Coordinator: Thom Shockley 2015 – 2020
- TopCon Exhibitor Coordinator: Martin Kodi Peterson 2015 – 2021
- TopCon Security Director: Reginald Griffin 2015 – 2021
- TopCon Assistant Security Director: Rebecca Griffin 2016 – 2021
- TopCon Cosplay Director: Niki Blackburn 2015 – 2016
- TopCon Table Top Game Coordinator: Bil Thompson 2015 – 2021
- TopCon Guest Services Coordinator: Caitlin Burke 2015 – 2017
- TopCon Video Game Coordinator: Rueben Juarez 2015 – 2017
- TopCon Advisor: Tracy Smith 2015 – 2021
- TopCon Advisor: Dane Kroll 2019 – 2021
- TopCon Advisor: Kelly Gehrhart 2019 – 2021
- TopCon Advisor: Nena Hug 2019 – 2021
- TopCon Advisor: Staci Williams 2017 – 2021
- TopCon Advisor: Melvin Penner 2015
TOPCON POP EXPO WILL FOREVER BE IN THEIR DEBT AND ETERNALLY GRATEFUL FOR ALL THEY DID TO HELP AND SUPPORT THE EVENT.